‘Catwalk King’ Sinon Loresca Donated One Of His Kidneys To His Ailing Older Sister

Sinon Loresca, the ‘Catwalk King’ was known as Rogelia in the long-time running TV show “Eat Bulaga” kalyeserye.

The video of Sinon doing the Miss Universe walk wearing a six-inch rhinestone-studded heels and wearing only a blue Speedo is certified viral. The said video reaches more than 24.2 million views on Facebook page 9GAG.
He has done all sorts of things wearing those high heels such as run on a treadmill and play basketball. Sinon was also invited to appear in the Emmy Award-winning US television talk show The Doctors.
Recently, his life story was dramatized in a TV show and he played himself. The TV drama showed that in the past Sinon had been estranged from his family. He experienced the struggle of making ends meet and being alone. However, he had to make a sacrifice for his older sister, Catherine, back in 2009.
Catherine was working in London. She had a Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and her kidneys were failing. The ‘Catwalk King’ couldn’t stand the thought of his sister suffering.
Sinon recalled: “I told her, ‘What do I do? I’ll help you no matter what happens because you’re my sister. If I have to give one of my kidneys to you — or my heart — or whatever part of my body.’”
Sinon flew to London to get to his sister as soon as he could. He underwent tests to determine if he would be a suitable donor for her.  Luckily, the results were great.

Sinon and his sister then underwent the kidney transplant operation, after which they each had one working kidney. The operation was successful. They were in recovery at the same time.
Recently, Sinon posted a photo of himself working on the set of the TV drama about his life. He posed with the actress who was tapped to play his sister.
Here’s part of the caption that the ‘Catwalk King’ wrote to accompany the photo:
When I found out that my sister was in an extremely bad condition in London, I didn’t have any second thoughts of helping and saving her life although I know that giving her one of my kidneys could risk my life. For me the most important thing is to save her life.
I had bad experiences during my childhood with my family. However, I never use that against them. In fact, I used my upbringing to be more confident, strong, and ready to face the challenge of life.
My family and life experiences brought me to where I am now today. I don’t consider myself successful. I considered myself fulfilled with the love and happiness that I share to the world every time I wake up in the morning.
Source: elitereaders

Mag-post ng isang Komento

0 Mga Komento